Disclosure: I have partnered with Dove for this post, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
In my beauty posts I typically share with y'all the latest must-haves in makeup or skincare, but very rarely do I share my everyday beauty essentials. Let's face it, sometimes those essentials aren't as glamorous to talk about (or to photograph), but they're key components in our grooming routines and without them we wouldn't be able to look or feel our best. Today I'm sharing with y'all 6 products I use daily that are essential to me when I'm getting ready each day.
(1) I don't think I can talk about my morning routine without mentioning lemon water. It's the first thing I drink in the morning and has so many health benefits. Not only does it cleanse and detoxify the body, but it also helps reduce inflammation and keep skin blemish free! I know it's not considered a "product", but I think you can fit it into the beauty category considering all of the health benefits. ;)
(2) After breakfast I head to the bathroom to take a shower, but before I step in I always put a couple teaspoons of coconut oil in my mouth. If you haven't heard about oil pulling and the benefits it has for oral health (including whiter teeth!), you can read about it here. I swish the coconut oil around my mouth for 15-20 minutes and then I spit it out in the trash can (a must or it will clog your drains).
(3) Once I step out of the shower I apply antiperspirant which is at the top of my list for personal beauty products. Let's face it, no one likes sweat and no one likes to smell your body odor so a good antiperspirant is a must-have for helping you feel your best all day long. My days are crazy busy with juggling work at home with two young kids. Balancing time with them, work deadlines and household duties can be overwhelming at times and I need an antiperspirant that will leave me feeling comfortable all day long. Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant has been my go-to as of late. It offers 48-hours of odor and wetness protection, plus it has a NutriumMoisture formula that leaves my underarms feeling soft and smooth.
(4) Another must-have for my morning routine is dry shampoo. I try to go 2-3 days without showering my hair, it helps cut down on time when getting ready in the morning plus it means less time blow drying aka damaging my hair. Dry shampoo is a lifesaver for soaking up oil and it gives my hair great volume too!
(5) Now on to the makeup. If I'm not shooting pics for the blog then I try to go as fresh-faced as possible. That usually means no makeup (just some face oils and some SPF), but if I really want that fresh faced look with light coverage then I go for my CC cream. I've been using it for about a year now and I wish I had used one sooner. It's the best.
(6) Finally a good lip color. I always have to have lipstick or lipgloss on my lips, but it isn't practical for me to have a bold lip when I'm out running errands with the girls. For everyday wear I prefer sheer lipsticks that have a lot of moisturizers and the perfect amount of color (not too much or too little). A good nude color is my go-to for everyday.
So, there you have it. Short and sweet. Six beauty products that are essential when I'm getting ready each day. What are some of your must-have products that you use every day? I'd love to know!
Consider trying Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant to see how it can be an #essentialupgrade to your daily beauty routine!